- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable or beef broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds or sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
Combine Marinade & Sauce ingredients in medium bowl. Reserve 3/4 cup for basting sauce. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare basting sauce. Pour reserved 3/4 cup marinade into small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced by half and slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
Cook quinoa in broth in medium saucepan according to package directions. Stir in spinach, pomegranate seeds and walnuts. Keep warm.
Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally and basting with sauce.
Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Place quinoa on serving platter; top with cheese. Arrange beef around quinoa. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 430 calories; 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 79 mg cholesterol; 141 mg sodium; 26 g carbohydrate; 2.7 g fiber; 40 g protein; 10.1 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 1.9 mcg vitamin B12; 4.1 mg iron; 41.6 mcg selenium; 7.3 mg zinc.